About the Walk
Sea Anemones, hermit crabs that use seashells as homes, different types of snails and even corals. You can expect to find all these beautiful creatures at a blue, coastal destination, but they’re right here, at the watery, concretised edge of Mumbai city. At this bustling urban jungle’s doorstep, lies an entire forgotten marine world.
With the medium low tides coming this week, we've planned a shore walk at Girgaon Chowpatty on Friday, November 23.
From decorator worms that blend into the environment to colourful clams and hermit crabs, this shore has plenty of sights to see and some impressive stories about the city's marine life to tell.
This walk is free to attend but requires prior registration. Kindly register your attendance using the form below. To ensure that the walk is useful to all attendees, there is a limit on the number of participants, we will confirm via email if your spot has been confirmed.
Safety & Precautions
1. All participants must be over 15 years old.
2. Wear protective shoes/sandals only. Monsoon footwear is a good choice. Slippers or flip-flops are strictly prohibited.
3. No handling of any animal is allowed as some species found on our shores can be very harmful and even fatal to humans.
4. Shore walks are always at the mercy of the weather. Kindly bear with us if this leads us to reschedule the event.
5. Please carry a cap and wear adequate clothing.
6. Carry lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.
Time & Starting Point
All participants must assemble at the Mafatlal Swimming Pool (map below) opposite the Marine Lines Railway Station at 3:45PM. The walk will commence at 4:00PM sharp after a brief introduction. If you're delayed, please contact our resource people for directions.
Pradip Patade: +917021055507
Nikhil Sathe: +917506076164
Sorry, this walk is fully booked.
Please follow us on Facebook to be notified of our future walks.
Girgaon Chowpatty Shorewalk
Updated on 2018-11-18T11:08:26+00:00, by .